Separation is a common occurrence among Sri Lankans who live in Australia and among
Sri Lankans who live in Sri Lanka. Today going to talk about the concessions they have
in Australia and the advice they can get. In Australian law, separation means when you
want to separate from a marriage or a de facto relationship. In a marital or a de facto
relationship, you both have financially, sexually and family bound. under the Australian
law, if you make your own decisions or live independently and lack of sexual contact or
involvement in family matters, so you are recognized as having a separation between two
of partners’ relationship. That’s why we talk about the solution for this. People with this
condition face severe psychological issues.

If you have children under the age 18, you should be given special consideration when
you separate. In that case, couple should do some discussions and take decision for this.
If you failure to do this, so may your stress level be high. When making decision about
your properties, you should consult an expert in the field. Maybe your property is in both
of your names or if you are repaying a loan, it may be paid by both of you. Also, if you
have a joint savings account, you should be legally exempt from such obligations like
these. If you feel difficult to discuss this with your partner, you can take an action
through a lawyer. Separation is a situation that should be considered very carefully, so
always be sure to take advice for this from the professional experts. Sometimes there may
be enjoining orders between a couple. Australian law is strictly enforced in cases such as
domestic violence.

You can get support from professionals as well as governmental and non-governmental
organizations in Australia. They will support you to overcome the persecution you face.
You can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline on 18007997233. You can also
get help by contacting organization named as 1800 request. Their phone number is

  1. If you are a person who wants to get rid of stress, you can contact the
    men’s line at 1300788978.Their website is In addition, you can get
    a lot of advice through It is a government agency for
    family relationships and also there is another institution called as life line that can be
    contacted on 131114. For advice on domestic violence, you can contact the Family
    Violence Law Help Agency through their website. Their website is .

This separation is a very stressful situation. Therefore, take appropriate decisions with the
help of professional specialists and related agencies to ensure that your children and the
other party as well as your property are not harmed.

One thought on “Separation

  1. Next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I really thought you would have something helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of crying about something that you can fix if you were not too busy seeking attention.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.